CSO has recently reviewed its grant schemes and will now be providing a number of different funding steams to directly support research in Scotland.
- Researcher Initiated Grant Schemes – limit £300k
- Scottish Government Policy Priorities scheme – in development
- Catalytic Grants Scheme – limit £35k
CSO also invests through NHS Research Scotland in infrastructure to support research studies in Scotland. More information about this support can be found at the following links:
- Clinical research networks and speciality groups to support recruitment to trials
- SHARE a register of people interested in participating in health research studies that can be used to recruit to studies
- Clinical Research Facilities, Biorepositories, Tissue Provision and Imaging Capability
- Health service data linkage and access
Please note that eDRIS support on CSO grants must now be costed into CSO grant applications and funded through the grant award.
Other Funding Opportunities
CSO operates within the wider landscape of UK health research funding and contributes to a National Institutes for Health Research (NIHR) total funding pool in excess of £100m annually. This allows researchers based in Scotland to apply for the majority of the research programmes administered by NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC).
- Health Technology Assessment
- Public Health Research
- Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation
- Health Services and Delivery Research (researcher led only)
And Themed calls involving these programmes.